Welcome to the diversitydatakids.org (DDK) web site (“Site”). DDK is a project of the Institute for Child, Youth and Family Policy at Brandeis University, a not-for-profit Massachusetts corporation (“Brandeis”) and owned by Brandeis. The terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) under which you may use this Site are set forth below. By accessing or using the Site you agree to be bound by this end user license agreement (“Agreement”) set forth in the Terms & Conditions.
The web is an evolving medium. Brandeis has the right to periodically change the terms of this Agreement without notice. You need to check the Terms & Conditions periodically for updates because your continued use of this Site signifies your acceptance of any changes to the agreement described in the Terms & Conditions. The date this page was last updated is set forth at the bottom of this page. Further, Brandeis has the right to change, restrict access to, suspend, or discontinue this Site, or any portion of this Site, at any time.
Original Content; Ownership
The particular way that ideas, facts, or figures are expressed on this Site (including text, articles, reports, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, software, data, video material, audio material, and the selection, coordination and arrangement of such materials) (hereafter, “Original Content”) is the intellectual property of Brandeis protected by copyrights and similar rights.
- Brandeis grants you, an end-user, a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable limited right and license to access and use the Original Content solely for your own personal research use, subject to this Agreement.
- You are authorized to view, play, print, and download Original Content found on the Site for personal, informational, research or non-commercial purposes only, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact as mentioned in Section 3.
- You shall include a BRANDEIS copyright notice thereon with any publication using the Original Content. Such notice shall be affixed so as to give reasonable notice of Brandeis's claim of copyright and shall appear in the following or similar format: “Reprinted/Reproduced, by permission from diversitydatakids.org. ©2021. Brandeis University”.
- The Original Content may not be used or distributed commercially without Brandeis’ express prior written consent
- Any other use of Original Content, including republication of Original Content on other websites, interactive visualizations, or for public download, will require a separate license and is at the discretion of Brandeis University. Please contact us via this link if you have questions or would like to request a license to use Original Content beyond the terms permitted by this agreement.
diversitydatakids.org. 2021. Institute for Child, Youth and Family Policy, Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University. Waltham, MA.
The Site and any of its graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names on the DDK Web site are Brandeis’s trademarks or trade dress, and Brandeis reserves all rights with respect to those trademarks and trade dress.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are an owner of intellectual property and you believe your intellectual property has been improperly posted or distributed via this Web site, please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a notice by U.S. Mail to: 415 South Street, Waltham, MA 02254. In your e-mail or letter, you will need to include all of the notice elements listed in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) at 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). Please be aware that under the DMCA, copyright owners may be liable if they materially misrepresent that a user's content is infringing.
You are solely responsible for protecting against viruses, Trojan horses, or other computer programming routines intended to damage a computer’s functionality.
Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liability
THIS SITE AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,FITNESS FOR USE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
BRANDEIS DOES NOT WARRANT, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ANY LINK ON THIS SITE. BRANDEIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER OR THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU AGREE THAT DDK AND STAFF OF BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, EITHER ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THIS SITE OR TO YOUR (OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S) USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR TO YOUR PLACEMENT OF CONTENT ON THIS SITE, OR TO YOUR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE. IN PARTICULAR, DDK AND STAFF OF BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, ERRORS, LOSS OF DATA, OR INTERRUPTION IN AVAILABILITY OF DATA), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE, ANY PURCHASES ON THIS SITE, YOUR PLACEMENT OF CONTENT ON THIS SITE, AND/OR TO YOUR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY OR OTHER LAW.
Brandeis makes no representation regarding your ability to transmit and receive information from or through this Site. You acknowledge and agree that your ability to access the Site is not guaranteed and may be impaired. DDK disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to such events.
You agree to indemnify and hold Brandeis harmless from any and all claims, losses, costs, and/or damages (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, court costs, expert witness fees, and all such other expenses) that arise, directly or indirectly, from your violation of this Agreement, your use of the DDK Site, and/or your placement of any content onto the DDK Site, and you further agree to fully cooperate in Brandeis’ defense against any such claims.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection
DDK is located in Waltham, Massachusetts USA.
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any content posted to the Site, including copies and republication thereof, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. Any legal action between you and Brandeis related to this Agreement and/or the Site shall only be brought in a federal or state court having jurisdiction in Waltham, Massachusetts. You consent, and waive all objections, to the personal jurisdiction of said federal and state courts serving Waltham, Massachusetts.
The Site may contain errors and omissions relating to product description, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct errors or omissions without prior notice.
- You are solely responsible for protecting against viruses, Trojan horses, or other computer programming routines intended to damage a computer’s functionality.
- In order to use the Site, you must provide and maintain adequate communications and computer equipment and obtain access to the World Wide Web directly or through devices that access web-based content. You are responsible for paying any and all service fees associated with such access.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Brandeis and its affiliates with respect to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements.
We encourage you to contact us in regards to any questions, comments, suggestions, or other feedback you have about the Web site. You may send feedback to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback provided by you to DDK is non-confidential. By sending us your feedback, you grant DDK and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display (in whole or in part) your feedback, your name and any related copyrights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights.
Links to this Web Site
You are encouraged to link to the Site for reference or citation purposes. By creating a link to any portion of this Site, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- You may not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the link and the applicable page from the Site or create a frame around the information provided from the Site or present it in any way other than it is presented on the Site;
- The posting of a link to the Site is not an endorsement by Brandeis of you, your viewpoints or any of the products or services that you or your organization may provide, and, when linking to the Site, you may not state or imply that Brandeis is endorsing you, your viewpoints or any of the products or services that you or your organization may provide;
- Brandeis assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any content of any other web site that is linked to the Site; and
- If Brandeis chooses to exercise this right, you will be required to remove your link to the Site immediately.
Updated January 2022